聖HIJIRI Users thread

Based on a discussion with another forum member, I've been reading up on this Comback Corporation brand. The reviews I've found have been pretty positive, but I've also learned over the years to take all reviews with a grain of salt. So the purpose of this thread is for users to share their input on 聖HIJIRI cables. When you share, if you'd discuss what model of HIJIRI you demoed and what brands/models they were compared to, that'd be very helpful.

A little background: a few years ago I was reading the Audio Envy threads and decided to give them a try as the seemed to compete with much higher-priced cable.  So I decided to give AE a try. I found both the $179 P2 and the $279 M3 to easily best an Isotek power cord at $1k. So that got me thinking even more about value products. I was about to give Zavfino a try and then was given another recommendation to give HIJIRI a try. So this is how I got here. I'll be very interested to hear all user comments on HIJIRI and this should be a good repository for the brand.

Here is their website: www.combak.net

pokey77

@cd45123

I only compared the Nagomi and TAKUKI Maestro power cords. After hearing the differences between the two, I felt ‘upper’ level cables in HIJIRI line is the way to go. I wanted to be done with cable upgrades and focus on other areas of possible improvements. And that’s exactly what I did, HIJIRI’s cables have been instrumental in approaching and more importantly differentiating the next level of digital front end along with new appreciation for my existing components in the system.

My hesitancy to shell out money is based on the idea that the power cords are made using nothing that really jumps out at me, as "high tech". construction is with copper wire and Wattgate plugs.

I really doubt whether either of the models would compare favorably to my current power cords. Collin may be the greatest guy in the world but that would not be my reason for trying the cables.

BTW, I have seen on Audioshark many of these cables for sale throughout the world.

ozzy

@cd45123 

To clarify, for the last year I have been using the Audio Envy $179 P2 and the $279 M3 power cords. I like them and as I noted before, they easily bested the Isotek $1k power cord. As many, including yourself, say that Zavfino is better than AE, I thought I'd give Zavfino a try since they appear to be value oriented as well. Around the same time I was thinking of trying Zavfino, Hijiri was also mentioned and so that's how I got here. I appreciate your comments.

If @lalitk @lak @grannyring @wig say these are wonderful sounding cables, I trust them in full to be. However, they do have to do a better job with the website. From an outsider point of view, there is not much on the website that you can discern, an observation (and a correct one) shared by @ozzy

For example, looking at the Takumi maestro power cord, when trying to figure out the type of wire they use and the geometry / build, this is all you get:

------

Design principle: Crystal clear, wide and deep sound stage and musically reality

Wire material: Custom-made copper, directional, Meet RoHS reument

-------

Forget the grammatical errors, other than "special / custom made copper" there is not so much info in terms of what they are doing.

And some of the language is extremely cheesy: like " produced with the care of Maestro can conduct AC current exceptionally smooth, and the electronics driven will deliver breathtakingly clear and natural to raise “The Art of Music” that one can most appreciate the unprecedented sound reproduction retrieval reminiscent of a live musical event.
“TAKUMI” 匠 Maestro is power cord specially designed for those who cannot compromised and seek always the Best sound
."

All I am saying, for those kind of prices, they do need to get a better handle of how the value proposition is communicated. Word of mouth can only do so much. I for one, looked seriously into the line last year, because of the opinion of @lalitk who I highly respect, but could not get past the shortcomings of the info available on the website. I just could not take the next step and obviously price is a factor, especially when considering resale value (or lack thereof). During that time back in April, Colin was indeed a great guy to communicate with. Zero issues with that.

Apologies if this comes out negatively here, but that’s not my intention. On the contrary...

I have learned after making countless cables that the conductor material and type are but one part of the finished cable’s sound. The ear of the designer and their relentless curiosity of trying all manner of dielectric, geometry, shielding and vibration control are actually more important. I cannot overstate this. The designer of Hijiri cables says he tunes them and based on my listening he has nailed the natural flow and tone of music. He worked for five years tuning the sound of these cables. I realize I am paying for his talent, ears and artistry. Cable building at this level is every bit an art as it is anything else. No way to ever comprehend or assume how a cable like this will sound by a website, words or pictures. Must listen over time. Not a matter of quick A/B testing, but rather marinating in the sound over many days. Fun!

Hijiri’s site, Japan location and language barriers may not appeal to some. We all have differing sensitivities and that’s cool. Hijiri is simply another option for we music lovers.