Differences the Project RS2 Transport and the (newest) Jay's Audio CD2 Mk 3

@jaymark and @charles1dad are owners of the Project PS2 Transport and loving it.  I am between the Jay's Audio CD2 Mk3 and the Project.   However, did anyone compare the NEW 2019 Jay's Audio CD2 Mk3 rather than the prior model Mk2?  Steve Guttenberg reviewed them both and found significant improvement in the Mk3 version sonically.   How close are they now as the Jay's is $2500 and the Project with LTA power is closer to $4,000 (with taxes)?   

fleschler

Ditto about the I2s connection, a must for me. Alvin told me my Gustard x26 pro DAC I2s connection would work with the Jay's. Bingo. Tried the PS Audio pwt cd transport and no go with the Gustard on the I2s connection, so I sent it back.

Anyone with the Project know its height when top tray is open?  Looking at my shelf spaces but never found that spec.  

I have the 6000CDT and have been quite impressed with it. I read the review that was linked and I'm not sure I would give the detailed accolades he did(I lack the audio vocabulary for sure😏)but my experience has been very good. As the reviewer pointed out, upgrades are one new DAC away. I have it paired with the Schiit Gungnir MB and the internal DAC of my P6. I can toggle between both DACs for a decent A-B comparison. In addition to sound quality, the physical construction appears to be very good. It feels solid,the buttons feel solid, the internal relays are quiet but still audible with each input selection. No regrets.

I wonder how either of these transports would compare to my CEC TL 1? I have had it serviced and it still works great. AES/EBU Kimber Orchid to my Dinafrips Pontus II DAC. I plan to run it into a Hermes DDC and I2S to the Venus so I can also clean up the clock on my streamer before the Venus.