Technics 1200G VS VPI Prime Signature

Has anyone specifically compared these two turntables? Longevity plays a role here, but ultimately SQ is paramount. Aesthetically the Prime Signature (rosewood) is a beautiful looking table. Thinking about either table with Van Den Hul Grail, and VDH DDTII special. I have heard nothing but good things about Technics 1200G.  I have heard of some QC issues with VPI. The simplicity of the Technics unit is also a plus. Any input about this will be appreciated...
jakesnak

Hi Dears,

Is a Zyx Ultimate cartridge a good match with the 1200G?

The compliance is 12×10-6cm/dyne but no frequency is mentioned. As it's a Japanese manufacturing, I assume it's given at 100Hz,  so roughly 20×10-6cm/dyne at 10Hz. Will not be challenging with the Technics tonearm?

I am also hesitating between 3 TT: The VPI Prime, the Pro-Ject Signature 10 and the Technics.

Thanks,

I’ve asked before, why does there seem to be a lot of “ B” stock Vpi’s at Music Direct?

I have a VPI with 10.5 arm....very dependable...never needed to have had it repaired....Using Winfield cartridge.  All good

@aberyclark 

Music Direct currently lists 28 B Stock Items, 2 of which are VPI. The most, 9, are Mark Levinson.

I’ve had a VPI Classic SE with 10” 3D uni-pivot arm for the past 8 years, no issues. I don’t think it’s any more difficult to set up with a cartridge than other arms and it’s as stable as any gimbal arm playing on the record. It’s totally adjustable including azimuth, some arms are not. It’s also an amazing tracker, in all this time it has never skipped or malfunctioned—pretty amazing.

I know that some do not think the arm on the technics is that good. Well, I will tell you that it is. Its very versatile, the 1200G package is tough to beat. Yes you could change the arm to a Triplanar and probably get close to state of the art quality but the arm that comes with this table is no slouch, trust me. Great value for the money.  The arm that comes with the 1200G definitely blows away the arm that comes with the prime.  very stable design and great tracking arm