Technics 1200G VS VPI Prime Signature

Has anyone specifically compared these two turntables? Longevity plays a role here, but ultimately SQ is paramount. Aesthetically the Prime Signature (rosewood) is a beautiful looking table. Thinking about either table with Van Den Hul Grail, and VDH DDTII special. I have heard nothing but good things about Technics 1200G.  I have heard of some QC issues with VPI. The simplicity of the Technics unit is also a plus. Any input about this will be appreciated...
jakesnak

Showing 3 responses by aberyclark

Keep us updated on the 1200G I have the 1200GR and Love it. One thing, some VPI's can be ordered, I thought, with a Gimball tonearm

I’ve asked before, why does there seem to be a lot of “ B” stock Vpi’s at Music Direct?

@displayname The 1210GAE's(black version of the 1200GAE) sold in Japan came with a Nagaoka JT-1210 cartridge that was developed (so the advertisements said) with Technics for this TT. Then Nagaoka released the same cartridge with the JT-80BK model name in black (better looking). I purchased the Jt-80bk for my 1200 GR and I have to say it's the best MM cartridge I have ever heard. I plan on doing a video on my Youtube channel soon about my thoughts a couple months into owning the JT080BK. You can check out the basic sound charactor here on this video