Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Just to let everyone know that after a 2 month wait, took delivery of my new Coda CSiB integrated amp today. So far so good. My CS 2.4s seem very happy with it. And more importantly, the Mrs is happy with it. Also happy to report that I ordered it just in time to avoid a sizable price increase. My local dealer, Mike Kay of Audio Archon told me that prices on the Coda line have gone up 15% across the board. Will report more after this new baby has had more of a chance to break in.

jazzman7

Nice score on the Coda CSiB integrated amp.

Happy Listening!

Hi guys, 10 days ago we did a shootout in my rig between my Gryphon Diablo 300 and Audionet Pre G3 + amp monos driving my 3.7s.

At the end of the day the Audionet combo was not able to beat my beloved Diablo 300 integrated.

I still prefered my Diablo 300 because it has more meat on the bone than the Audionet combo and with my 3.7s it is more engaging.

But the game is not over guys, guess what the Audionet dealer will soon come back to my place with this time around the Audionet Humboldt.

This is going to be a lot of fun, i would suspect my Diablo 300 will be smoked by the Humboldt but who knows let's wait and see.

Will keep you guys posted.

I will also be demoing cables in my systems very soon to find out if another cable brand can smoke my Gryphon cabling.

@thieliste

Good stuff and always fun to try out new gear.

Some of us cringe at the word "smoked" when it comes to amps. 😊

Thinking back to the 70s and 80s it was not so uncommon for some amps to literally go up in smoke. In fact, my Dad’s 1968 Philco Color TV caught fire once. It was maybe a year old when it happened. Managed to contain the damage and get it repaired. Needless to say, always some tension turning it on after that.

thieliste

Good to see yo here again. I am looking forward to the Cable shoot-out.

Happy Listening!