Odd Revel Performa M20 Question ?

Received today a pair of Revel M20. One of the intriguing aspects of these speakers was that each speaker (according to specifications) weighed 45 lbs, or 20.4 kg. Unusually heavy for speakers of this size. Specs for packaged shipping weight is 48 lbs., each.

When I received the FedEx tracking info over the weekend, the packaged weight for both speakers was listed at 74.7 lbs. Speakers were sent in two separate boxes....original boxes and original packing materials.... one weighing 37.8 lbs. the other 36.9 lbs.

This caught my attention and I thought maybe a misread from the shipping origin. On receiving the speakers today at FedEx, I put one box on the scale and it read 37.8 lbs. Got home, removed the speakers from boxes and weighed again on a bathroom scale. One speaker weighed ~ 36 lbs, without grilles and without feet.

Hooked up the speakers and they sound good. I'll need some time before deciding if I like them.

So my question, hopefully to those actually owning the Performa M20, what do your speakers weigh? Hard to imagine that a manufacturer's specification could miss by nearly 10 lbs.
stevensctt
Used revel M20s=serious bang for the buck. Those speakers fit and finish are far better than anything else I've owned.
I owned a pair a few years ago. Mine came in two boxes inside one large box. I don't know the exact weight but I could lift it which means it couldn't weigh more than 80 pounds or so.
Agree with Ejlif, some serious nice speakers. In fact I'm ready to say they are the best speaker I have owned with a metal tweeter.
Wino - EXACTLY! Received a very lame email response from a Revel Field Support Engineer. He was basically clueless.
You do know that there is about a 200 hour break-in period. Put them on for a weekend and go out of town. Just don't piss off the neighbors...
Who cares how much they weigh? How do they sound? I never thought to weigh my speakers on the bathroom scale so I can compare my findings with the manufacturer's specs. Maybe we should all weigh our speakers on our bathroom scales and compare notes. What brand of bathroom scale do you use anyway? Do I need to break in my bathroom scale for 200 hours before weighing my speakers? Why stop at the speakers? Maybe we should be weighing our amplifiers and preamps too. What about CD players and turntables? Why stop at the speakers? I don't blame the Revel for giving you a lame response.