KT150 to KT120..or KT120 to KT150

Has anyone here gone from using KT120's in their amp to KT150's and preferred the KT150 tube...conversely has anyone gone from KT150's in their amp to KT120's and preferred the KT120's? 
128x128daveyf

@runwell So in total, you definitely can not say which one is better, but obviously there are two league, kt150. Or kt88,kt120.

runwell, I agree with your comments and description. The plan is to rotate the KT150s back in every once in a while. They are an amazing wide range tube with added depth, clarity, sound stage. Definitely in a class of their own, yes, agree.

However, the KT120s are a "throwback" to older familiar tube sounds I use to enjoy and expect from all of my former tube amplifiers with el34s, kt88. A nice tradeoff too.

I understand >> a lot better now << what some were reporting about why they liked or preferred KT120s over KT150s. There are different reasons I like and appreciate both - particularly when used with purpose built amplifiers designed to run them.

@vinylvalet  Do report back once you receive and have run in your new Zesto amp. I am particularly curious as to the difference between the KT150's and the new KT170's.

I would expect the amp to be basically idling when driving your Fyne's...with all the tube choices.

I went from kt120 to kt150. I just liked the sonics a lot more. Everyone has different ears and amps

My Qualiton X200 came with KT120's and sound very nice.

Decided to go KT170 and guess what the 120's are sitting in a box. I also have KT150's but prefer the 170.

KT88's I bought cheap are never going back in.

I've tried GL KT88 (stock tubes), KT120, and KT150 in my VAC Signature 200iQ monos. The KT150 were the most recent acquisition - and they were terrible. Extremely powerful low frequencies and gobs of slam - which honestly was fun - but it completely swamped the rest of the spectrum and was a very unbalanced sound. 

The KT120 - I like them a lot. They're not as polished and refined as the GL KT88 in this amp, and so I think most will prefer the 88's here, but I also think the KT120 are at least competitive here (unlike KT150). I'd gotten so used to the KT120 sound over 10 years of use in Rogue Apollos, that I think it's been hard to wean myself off them in the VACs. They feel like home base lol. I'm currently, maybe, transitioning from KT120 to GL KT88 in my VACs.

I'm sure the KT150 performance is very amp dependent, and I believe they'd be fantastic in an amp properly designed for them - but not in the VACs.