Fyne F703...anyone owns the ?

Hello...looking for some input on Fyne F703 speakers..any owners of this recent speaker?
Thanks
kozka

I'm going to try to listen to the 702 next week. A friend of mine says they are a little "modern" in the presence region similar to what I experienced with the O/93 but I'm excited to hear them, not that I'm in the market, more in the area of a pair. 

Congrats to those that own them, they look nice. The finish work on the F1 series looks superb.  Grannyring did you purchase the pair or did you have them for demo?

I purchased them new. The 703 & 704 differ pretty significantly from the 702 in the tweeter and other areas. They are more refined sounding and the ”presence” is toned back a notch. No hint of shout or being bright with the 704. They are very full bodied and well balanced top to bottom. The 702 has some very happy owners and I will be interested in your findings.  

Let us know what gear is paired with the 702 and what you find. Thanks!

I am a Fyne dealer and have the 701’s in the shop, the F1-12 (ordered several months ago) should land my way by the end of January and just ordered the 703’s.

I love the 701 and so many folks say the same about Fyne as mentioned above….similar to Tannoy but a more modern (dynamic) sound.  I can’t say better, but definitely different.  I’ll report back once the 703s arrive and have had time to listen!!

They are special, indeed.

Dan

I will add this bit of recent learning on the Fyne 704 speakers. They need break in and I can tell you with 100% confidence that break in is very real with these speakers. At about the 110 hour mark they started becoming more open and boxless in their sound. At around 150 hours they started sounding far more resolving. The improvement was jaw dripping and happened seemingly in an instant. Very strange experience, but it was real.

I am now just over 300 hours or so and the sound remains open, resolved and remarkably dynamic. The depth of stage is the best I have ever heard adding to the speaker’s wonderful sense of realism. I have heard total break in is up to 800 hours. I have not heard that much additional change after 200-225 hours, but we will see.   

I also spent 2.5 hours one afternoon with the help of a local dealer/music lover who helped me position these to extract the very most out of them. All I can say is wow!
He ended up bringing them further into the room by some 6-8 inches. He commented we were hearing the reflected sound off the fireplace wall behind the speakers. By moving the speakers further away from that wall we began hearing the speaker and not the wall! He also increased the amount of toe-in pretty dramatically. The tweeters are now pointing almost at my ears!

Tiny 1/8-1/4 inch adjustments on toe-in and distance between the speakers were making nice incremental sound improvements.

To say I am thrilled is an understatement. My expectations have been exceeded!