Where/what is the best place to sell used components

Where is the best place to post ads to sell "ancient" but well loved equipment that I bought back in 1998ish when I was a young, aspiring audiophile with a little chunk of cash to create a pretty fine system with: Rotel tuner and 6CD Player and Arcam Alpha 9 amplifier and integrated amp. They were hooked up to my B&W P5s. 

Who would be interested in picking up components like that? 

Or are they worthless at this point?

Would love to know what you all think. 

fuzzynestor

I would agree that if you don't need whatever money you would recoup from the sale and you know a budding audiophile, then a late Christmas present would be the way to go. However, if you do wish to sell them, my first choice would be US Audiomart, Canuck Audiomart if you are up north or Craigslist.

I have used both and both have their pros and cons. Audiomarts have a more knowledgeable clientele and less idiots. Craiglist saves the hassle of shipping, but there are too many people that either don't know anything or want it for nothing.

Lots of people are moving things on Facebook Marketplace, on a group called Audiophile Swap and Shop.it’s a private group with almost 57K members. People selling lower end to higher end. I have had good luck and know others that have as well.

Unless you sell everything face to face, I’m not sure the hassles of shipping, etc are worth it. Personally, I would donate them and write off the donation. It will be worth more overall.