Chi-Fi in the Time of Self-Righteous Indignation.

I have to say the timing of the folks over at eacoustics in impeccable.

So Kevin Deal at Upscale release his Video on Raven Audio giving us something to chew on in this forum and W. Jennings gives us this.

128x128jerryg123

Quality is: "The lowest acceptable quality". Do not discount the Chinese they are finding the sweet spot of acceptable quality. It will only be a short time before Chinese hi-fi dominates the market.

@nonoise  By the way, what happened to the other threads on this subject? Were they deleted for convenience sake or did someone take umbrage? 

I'm just speculating and I could be wildly wrong, but perhaps it was because certain folk here couldn't help themselves making unwarranted and provocative comments designed to incite partisan squabbles?

@russ69 Do not discount the Chinese they are finding the sweet spot of acceptable quality. It will only be a short time before Chinese hi-fi dominates the market.

I agree with you. A few short years ago I probably may not have. As I write this I am awaiting delivery of a Topping DAC. It was a toss-up between that and a Gustard.

Both brands (to the best of my understanding) are pretty much of Chinese design and build.  They go way above what may be politely described as "acceptable" quality on many levels that are important to me.

Hey mikey, what are you smoking? 

You got all that from what I said? Sounds more like you're reaching.
Go back and reread what I said in response to what someone else keeps harping about and maybe it will start to make some sense. But then, knowing you, maybe not.

All the best,
Nonoise

"The rich have think tanks, special interest groups, collectives, extensive media penetration and money bundling (PACS) to support pols who'll serve to ensure their interests are first and foremost in the policies they put forth.

They even have assembly lines of universities, law schools and special interest groups to ensure they only get the judges they want (all Supreme Court judges come from only 2 universities). "

YEAH, they are called the Demon-cratic party lmao...wake up!