Chi-Fi in the Time of Self-Righteous Indignation.

I have to say the timing of the folks over at eacoustics in impeccable.

So Kevin Deal at Upscale release his Video on Raven Audio giving us something to chew on in this forum and W. Jennings gives us this.

128x128jerryg123

@oldhvymec

My family (dad, grand parents, uncles, etc.) were all miners in West Virginia. Myself and my siblings are the first to not be working in the mines in our family. Great grandfather started mining coal when he was 9 years old. All of them belonged to the unions. All of them lived in mining towns. I actually have some of the mining script that was used at the company stores. I grew up hearing stories of starting unions and the coaling mining wars that took place. No love of the Pinkertons in my family. Black lung is a real thing. I still have family there. I go back as often as I can.

If anyone is interested in the history of getting the unions started in the Appalachians and the start of the coal wars, watch a movie called “Matewan”. I took my dad to see it when it came out in 1987. Only time I ever saw him cry watching a film.

Post removed 

Wuhan quality products they just keep on giving !!

that being said they do make some very good products especially digital 

I have a Terminator2 dac it is excellent , HoloSprings may KTE another fine product ..

Unions are as much of America’s history (past, present and future) as apply pie. Heck they wrote it toto the bill of rights to be inalienable for ALL. Organizing is a basic human right when people are dying in nickel rich and dollar poor company owned mines. The only thing the company boys got was a pistol and all the cheap booze and bullets the company could offer. When they got hurt, Pinkerton or not, they got the boot.. At least with some safty in place and a lot better self regulation, it helps.

We have it good here. Think about other miners around the world.. China is pure hell I hear. I remember the guys in Brazil too, Chile? Big bore drillers got them out.

Hero’s, The fastest drillers in the world.. US drill teams. Incredible how fast they can bore a hole through rock, serious rock too to 2-300 feet.

I find it fascinating how the term, union, can elicit scorn and derision. One thing the plutocrats and captains of industry discovered is how they can unionize around common interests and solidify their stronghold on the world around them, and then see how it can disadvantage them if the lessors amongst them did the same.

The rich have think tanks, special interest groups, collectives, extensive media penetration and money bundling (PACS) to support pols who'll serve to ensure their interests are first and foremost in the policies they put forth.

They even have assembly lines of universities, law schools and special interest groups to ensure they only get the judges they want (all Supreme Court judges come from only 2 universities). 

But when it comes to the common man, unions are demonized and the public conditioned to hate and excoriate them. Funny that. The rich know what works and damn if they'll let their lessors get a taste of it.

All the best,
Nonoise