Chi-Fi in the Time of Self-Righteous Indignation.

I have to say the timing of the folks over at eacoustics in impeccable.

So Kevin Deal at Upscale release his Video on Raven Audio giving us something to chew on in this forum and W. Jennings gives us this.

128x128jerryg123

I try to always buy USA but I will be the first to admit that there are some pretty decent components made in China.  Most of my gear is made in USA but the stuff that isn’t is quite good.   Velodyne SMS 1, made in China ... has worked flawlessly since 2006.    It’s on all day every day.  In fact it’s the only device I don’t turn off.   

OPPO Blu-ray player ... awesome machine     

NAD M51   Fantastic sounding DAC 

I demoed my last two speakers on Prima Luna amps    They sounded good   So no hate for QUALITY things made in China , I would just rather buy made in USA   

Incorrect, My father-in-law was an organizer in the Arizona high desert mines. Just as I as was a Teamsters organizer on the west coast. True Union Men and Women know what the red handkerchief means. When you walk a picket to keep people from dying in mines. Speak right on up when you know what your talking about, when it comes to organized labor.. When your a Union organizer for 45 years and a member for 54 years. You study the actual history from the horses mouth, not what you googled or learned at a University..

MR. Smarty Pants.. :-) Learn if you will, BUT at least learn correctly..

Now tell me about Hookers.. :-) As a mechanic we share something in common WE, (us and them) work off our backs... YUP.. Think you know everything. Do ya?

I forgot, we both usually work for %ricks too.  You know a Richard, A itty bitty one usually, with a fast car and the wife was usually my next sports project. Just for sport and spite usually. Funny part the wifes always feel the same way.. Shorty don't come up to Union standards, so to speak..

Regards

@oldhvymec I have deep respect for the labor movement. You are to be commended for all that you have accomplished, both as an organizer as well as a heavy mechanic. Just because something was coop’d for an absolutely wonderful cause doesn’t change the actual history. It was a derogatory term for anglos at a time when there was already a derogatory term for African Americans. 

And then there's the term "crackers". In The Last Waltz, Band pianist/singer/songwriter Richard Manuel recounts how that was one of the names they were considering to replace their old one---The Hawks---as their debut album was about to be released. Those boys DID have a sense of humour.

It’s funny you say Anglos. My Mother-in-law, (God rest her soul) use to use the term and ask me a blue eyed American Irish Sioux native IF it was OK to use the term? She and her Husband spoke Spanish in their home and I had just met their daughter. I meet them both and with a customary and respectful Spanish greeting, we just hit it off like I was a long lost Son. 1972. I kind of break the mole for any type of PC crap. Derogatory for me "WITH" disrespectful intent is the only important meaning. I have NEVER been disrespectful to any working, disable, or elderly person in my life NOR will I. But cross my picket..

My Mother-in-Law was an interpreter for the courts in CCC CA for 40 years.. My FIL Worked in the mines in Arizona for 10 years, went to Europe for the duration of the War, He joined, came back and Finished as an Operator at Dutch Shell.. He died at 96 years old.. Estrada and Encarnacion clan... Me I’m just a Mic Native.

The Irish were the first true crapped on people, they were a great example of what being free meant. You were still indentured to "THE MAN" call it what you want. The UNcivil war was fought by MEN as usual not politicians, congressmen, senators or their sons.. Irishmen. Lee said one thing. IF I would have had more Irish I would have won the War. Thank God he didn't, and I was born in Texas and raised in Alabama.. I moved to California for a reason. I had too. LOL I was 12.

Regards