Unidentifiable popping sound

Not 100% sure it goes in this forum — apologies if there is a better place.

For 6 months now, something in my system is making a clicking/popping sound. It usually happens 15 minutes after I power things up, or about 10 minutes after I power them down. It can also happen spontaneously when everything is technically on standby. I actually have a recording of it, but not sure how to upload here. Any ideas?

Preamp — Nagra Jazz (possible) (it happened with both old and brand new tubes)
Amp — Nagra Classic Amp (possible)
DAC/Source — PS Audio Directstream (possible)
Phono stage — Pure Audio LV-1 (probably not)
TT — Clearaudio Concept (definitely not that)
Cables — Luna Orange (also, definitely not that)

128x128andbaron

Pretty easy to rule out the DAC. Turn it off, disconnect the interconnect cables at the pre-amp input end and listen to vinyl only for a few days, or until you hear the popping noise. If you hear the popping noise with the DAC turned off and disconnected front the pre-amp, you've ruled out the DAC as a potential cause.

Question: Do you hear the popping noise through the speaker(s) or do you hear it emanating from the electronic equipment? If speakers, from one or both?

Start with all components off. Power them up one at a time starting with the power amp, then preamp. Once a component is powered, leave it on and work your way upstream until the popping starts.

party poopers

Model A driving by? Maybe a model T.. Retard the amps timing that will stop the popping. :-)