Big Below 15k used that can play loud as heck

I moved into a way larger room, roughly 20x24 and the 802D’s just ain’t cutting the mustard. Looking for good options that can pound out bass in a large room with 500-1000 high end watts (pass or levinson etc)

Currently running 2 JL Fathom F113’s so it’s not low bass, it’s a speaker that can pump concert level music playing rap, hip hop, reggae, rock and classical/audiophile stuff  etc. but I need my rig to blast rap and hiphop impressively more than anything. 

128x128systembuilder

At the volume levels you mention which your stated amps should be loafing at, i suspect you are listening in a deep cancellation standing wave trough…. need to move chair, speakers, sub, all three. ….  How far are the B and W from the reinforcing back wall ?  Are you low passing the B and W into the subs ? Try running them full range. Best to you.

Jim

Also, very respected agon member here w B and W successfully integrated Tekton Sub driver towers, they are 10” pro / musical instrument divers in a tall array cabinet

Tim is not prone to over the top fanboy hyperbole and might be able to provide insight… @boxer12 , IF you go that route, i would definitely reinforce the factory Tekton box as it is much much less inert than your excellent B and W cabinet… 

Full disclosure, I have not heard Tim’s system, but given his wide ranging exoerience w Wilson to B and W and much more, I trust him.

Jim

I like rap music and loud bass too but I think people who don’t necessarily listen to that type of music seems to think all rap music is, is bass with no other type of beats. I love the Cerwin Vegas but with your budget I would get something with better midrange and separate subs. La Scalas

(...Jim assumes that, at the levels desired, that one can stand still...*L*)

There are less expensive ways to decimate sheetrock, but voting with the 'pro' purposer's...  Eriks' down with your concept, but Jim (again, +) is pointing out that the levels targeted begin to turn the space into a larger version of the interior of a really large cabinet....

"Lets' get F'd up and watch the pressure waves blow the dust bunnies airborne!"

Cruise the used at the pro outlets....Behringer with a soft spot for Crown amps myself, but If I go big I'm wearing muffs to keep what's left.

Sounds like good clean fun to me, tho'....👍  Go forth and froth... 

@oldhvymec ...when the db's rise, do the neighbors run towards, or away? :)

No 'bots harmed in this production.
'Bots on workbench are fair game.