Big Below 15k used that can play loud as heck

I moved into a way larger room, roughly 20x24 and the 802D’s just ain’t cutting the mustard. Looking for good options that can pound out bass in a large room with 500-1000 high end watts (pass or levinson etc)

Currently running 2 JL Fathom F113’s so it’s not low bass, it’s a speaker that can pump concert level music playing rap, hip hop, reggae, rock and classical/audiophile stuff  etc. but I need my rig to blast rap and hiphop impressively more than anything. 

128x128systembuilder

Back in the 70's, when i was in my 20's, my friends and I used to see who could play loud enough to peel the paint off the wall.  My quest ended when I put pieces of capacitors on the ceiling.  It was very loud-until that moment.  HK ST7 tt, Shure V15, HK Citation 11, ESS 2240{?} xover, ESS tower speaker, Acoustic Research integrated [using the amplifier only], and EPI OpAmp1.  The incident filled the room with dead electronics smoke.  It was very earschplitten loudenboomer up until then.  The wonder and glory of young ears.  Everything survived except the AR integrated.  Ahh, Springsteen said it best "Glory Days"

Recaptcha this I'm not a robot bot

At the volume levels you mention which your stated amps should be loafing at, i suspect you are listening in a deep cancellation standing wave trough…. need to move chair, speakers, sub, all three. ….  How far are the B and W from the reinforcing back wall ?  Are you low passing the B and W into the subs ? Try running them full range. Best to you.

Jim

Also, very respected agon member here w B and W successfully integrated Tekton Sub driver towers, they are 10” pro / musical instrument divers in a tall array cabinet

Tim is not prone to over the top fanboy hyperbole and might be able to provide insight… @boxer12 , IF you go that route, i would definitely reinforce the factory Tekton box as it is much much less inert than your excellent B and W cabinet… 

Full disclosure, I have not heard Tim’s system, but given his wide ranging exoerience w Wilson to B and W and much more, I trust him.

Jim

I like rap music and loud bass too but I think people who don’t necessarily listen to that type of music seems to think all rap music is, is bass with no other type of beats. I love the Cerwin Vegas but with your budget I would get something with better midrange and separate subs. La Scalas