Preowned Wilson Audio Chicago Dealer

So, what's with the Chicago used gear dealer who constantly advertises tons of used Wilson, (the same models for over a year or more) yet anyone who calls him to buy a pair get's totally discouraged by him on Wilson?

Is this just the old bait and switch with him having none of them in stock? Right now he must have 12 ads of the 20 on Audiogon- yet when called about actually buying a pair he doesn't even attempt to subtly switch you to something else. He makes you feel like an idiot for considering buying Wilson and will "only sell you a pair of you insis"t and then tells you "but I know I"ll only be buying them back from you". 

128x128cowan217

Yes, I have Mr. Thin skinned. I looked at his McIntosh MC275 for a second too. They have been there for well over a year. My uncle even went to Chicago to inquire about purchasing an amplifier for me and even with a well heads up timeline, he still couldn’t get in. I ordered my Mc2301 from Audio Excellence in Canada. But here is the fun part since you asked so candidly, lol. He doesn’t bother me or sway me one bit. I’m my own individual and can make up my own mind. Some folks are leaders and some are followers. The key is knowing who you really are and what you are capable. I’ve been to some of the best Hi End stores all over the world. I’m fortunate but not everyone has that ability. If a store or a person can’t get it done especially if it is a simple process, I don’t wine about it, I keep it moving. I don’t expect you to understand. One more thing. If you want to sound smart, try not to use other folks words, it makes you sound desperate. 

Also if you have ever been to New Orleans and visited Wilson Audio the store, you will know Doug the original owner is the same way if not worse Except he will not pretend to have a product 

it is pretty transparent reading posts and posters, to gather who is off base and has an axe to grind

doesn’t take a brain surgeon ...

let's just leave it at that

happy new year to all

@decathlon1991 ,

Yes, I have been to New Orleans many times and on our last visit, my wife and I went to Wilson Audio, The Store.  I agree with you regarding Doug, he is a real jack***.  I bought 3 items from Albert over a 3- or 4-year period and although I spent less than 4K total, he was quick to ship, and I had zero problems.  He also bought my GE Triton 2's I was selling here, and he sat on them over a year before they sold.  He was quick with the payment, and I was happy.   This does not mean I am friends with him, I am just a satisfied customer. I got irritated over the insinuation that the satisfied customers are his friends.  I really care less about the guy.  Regardless, Blessings in the New Year to you and your family.

I am not a robot, I picked 3 tractors out of the lineup.

I know the dude. Young guy. He is a hustler. Always hustling. Nothing wrong with it. If you want to pay full MSRP, deal with your local 19th century shop. Nothing wrong with that either. Pick your strategy. No need to piss off in your pants.