Suggestion between benchmark Ahb2, Bob carver crimson 275 and rogue atlas magnum 2 amos

First ever post here. I have a peachtree nova 150 integrated amp, KEF LS50 metas, a Bluesound node, a vintage technics turntable and a schiit mani phono preamp. I am making the move to a separate amp and preamp. I have a preamp (a rogue rp-1) on order and I’m looking for an amp. I think I have it narrowed down to a Benchmark AHB2, a Bob Carver Crimson 275 or a Rogue Atlas Magnum 2. would appreciate any input the group might have or any alternate suggestions.

pwoodard922

Bob was highly regarded for his SS equipment. In my opinion, his new tube equipment is not up to the quality that one would expect from such an excellent designer. His claim about how long tubes will last is all marketing. I'm afraid he's just in it for the $$ now ☹

Benchmark all the way! 

I remember the first time I heard the LS50s.  It was partnered with high end solid state amplification and i thought they sounded very good.  The next time I heard them was a dealer that carried Raven Audio tube amplifiers.  

I was stunned at how incredible they sounded, from a 20 WPC tube amp.  So sweet and holographic.  More than enough power.  

I thought now I see why there is such buzz about these speakers.  I bought the amp on the spot and the KEFs shortly after.  

I have owned for a few years now the Carver M350 mono blocks. I have looked at the insides, the wiring, build quality and to me it all looks excellent.

Before the Carvers I owned the Atmasphere M60-3.3 and before that a Pass Labs X350.5 solid state.

The Carvers sound quality was/is a large sonic improvement over those amps. BTW, Bob actually came to my house for a few days. He is getting up in the years, and I doubt he is looking to cash in on his designs these days. The man has a lot of pride!

ozzy

I have the Carver 275 amp and think it sounds terrific.  It does run relatively cool.  Give it a try as they have a generous return policy.