Tekton Lore ...... compare with Vandy 1C

I'm loving my Vandersteen 1C's, but am thinking of MAYBE trying a new speaker at a similar price point. Please look at my system, and let me know if the Tekton Lore would offer a significant change, and if that change would be an improvement. Yes, I know that I can have a 30 day trial with the Lore, but before doing so, I want to see what you guys and gals think. Most of my listening is 1950's - 1960's small ensemble jazz, jazz and folk/rock vocals, and acoustic music. 65 % vinyl, 35 % CD's. Thanks a lot.
adam18
I've owned the Vandy 1C as well as the 2CE. Today I own the Tekon Lore as well as the 4.5s among others. Let me state that I loved my time with the Vandy's. But now, in most situations I would choose the Lore. In my set-up, Cary V12 or Primaluna Dialogue1 and even lower power Cary SET 300B or new Almarro 205, the high efficiency, 8 ohm impedance allow me to play around with much wider latitude. I believe I get the best of the Vandy, but with more dynamics, coherence, better bass, better soundstage and so forth...
Greetings
Day in day out vandersteens will be more acurate
than any box design will ever be.
FYI the 2CE is over 15 years ago you should hear the latest drivers to expierience what the cutting edge is
Best JohnnyR
Adam18,
The Vandersteen is a pretty decent speaker at its price point but I would agree with mikirob. The Lore is much more efficient and has a high load impedance. This design(simpler crossover) type usally is more open, dynamic,life- like and IMO more natural in sound and realism. With your stated musical taste this would be a excellent match with a high quality low-moderate power tube amp.It`d be ideal to trial the Lore for direct comparisons.It should really mate well to your Rougue amplifier (much easier speaker load to drive, better sense of ease)
Best of Luck,