How do you get Happy as an Audiophile?

There’s an interesting, relatively modern take on mental health called Positive Psychology. While not without it’s faults and detractors, PP has a very interesting approach. Instead of asking questions on the axis of illness and diagnosis PP asks questions on the scale of happiness:

What is it that makes you more or less content with your life and in your pursuits? How can these actions, events or states be codified and applied as general principles?

In the spirit of PP then I ask:

How do you get happy? What advice would you give an audiophile that asks "What is satisfying about being an audiophile, and what are the approaches that get me there? Do you personally know the answers for yourself? "

erik_squires

When you sit in your listening chair, close your eyes and just listen and it puts a smile on your face then you know you have reached what you gave sought.

I give a rating of 1 to 10 on most things generally aiming for an 8 (happiness, sound quality, taste of food/ drink)

Am massively happy to sell off house and have no mortgage, no more bills etc.

Gone back to the simple pleasure of Arcam Alpha CD, TD160/ SME 3009 and surprisingly good Sony FB940 amp (still rock solid and beautifully tactile controls). Have brought my Onix amp back out- lovely thing that Cyrus seem to be copying aesthetically.

Getting a pair or Senny HD8xx for pennies down the auctions

Grumpy Dingo radio is permanently on he CXN in the garage- love the mixture of dark comedy/ black humour makes me happy

I'm Marvin the paranoid android's twin robot brother

I’m at the point that I have everything I could want....as far as equipment. Now, I concentrate on finding LP treasures, 45’s, cd’s, and pre recorded cassettes...not that I don’t already own enough....overall, I’d say I’m happy, as well as fortunate.