Micromega M100 vs Coda CSib, vs Pass ? vs

I’ve been running a Micromega M100 for a few months that initially I did not care for. Not sure what happened but now I really like it. I was thinking back and it’s possible I had the room correction engaged from the previous owner.
Between the M100 and a few other items I can sell I can round up probably 6 grand. Would anything in that price range used be a substantial improvement to the Micromega. I would lose the very good DAC in the Micromega so would prob need to budget at least 1k out of the 6 for a DAC. 
Driving Pioneer S-1ex and Focal 836w. Listen to Rock, Acoustic Rock, outlaw country, metal, Reggae (sometimes). 

Thanks
mofojo

BTW - I think prices of audio gear is utter BS for the most part. I like CODA, Benchmark, and KRELL for the value I get from their products. I also like the Chinese DACs, Topping, Gustard, and now Musetec.

Your room is the most important factor in setting up your system. A CSiB would drive most speakers well in a moderately sized room (use volume calculation). If you need room treatments or things like DSP (Convolution in ROON, DSP in hardware), those are more important to me than more money on speakers.

If I were you, I would get the ROON READY KRELL K-300i integrated and find a suitable speaker for it. If you use the internal DAC in it like I do for my bedroom system you can have digital streaming up with just 1 Ethernet cable. I had a young family member come over yesterday from Ohio. I found out he was looking to buy a system. I told him to get the KRELL K-300i. Not only does it sound great with my Thiel CS3.7’s, but it has also so many features. It is also the very best sound with my RAAL SR1a headphones which is an added bonus, and something he said he will buy.

"BTW - I think prices of audio gear is utter BS for the most part. "

Amen to that!

The new AGD Tempo di GaN stereo amp at $5500 might be an upgrade as more than one reviewer has termed the “end game” level amps. Pair it with something like a Musician Pegasus R2R DAC and you may have something pretty special. Just one option to consider.

http://enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1221/AGD_Tempo_di_GaN_Stereo_Amplifier_Review.htm

https://soundnews.net/sources/dacs/musician-audio-pegasus-r2r-dac-review/

we sell  micromega coda and krell

the coda setup with a great dac bricasti m3 will be a fantastic setup

or for an all in one the krell k300iis fantastic

please contact us for an more in depth disscusion.

Dave and Troy

Audio0 intellect nj

coda, krell micromegs dealers