Turntable upgrade recommendations: SME vs AMG vs Technics vs other

I've recently upgraded most of my system, but I still have a Rega P8, with Linn Krystal cartridge, which I like, but I've heard that there may be better options.

I have Sound Lab electrostatic speakers, Ypsilon Hyperior amplifiers, an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 pre-amplifier, and am thinking about an Ypsilon phono stage to match with my system, and a turntable/cartridge.  I listen to almost entirely classical, acoustic music. 

Based on my very limited knowledge, and simple research, I've been looking at three brands, each of which is a different type of turntable: SME (suspension), AMG (mass), and Technics (direct drive).  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of turntables, and of those in particular?

Thanks.   

drbond

The new technics 1200 mk7 is a nice turntable @ $999. I was not a Technics guy, but I bought one and it seems very well built. Two turntables come to mind at the higher end, one being the Vertere DG-1, the other would be the Origin Live Aurora MK4 with the Onyx or Silver tonearm.

'"I could not live without being able to adjust Azimuth." First world problem.

Many top dealers will come to you and set it up, given the price range you're looking at. If you're spending $20K+ the cost of install shouldn't be an obstacle and will get you the sound quality and confidence you're after. Cheers,

Spencer

Technics, not even close!

Own 3, 2 from,early,80’s, still start,stop, play great.

no belts,, o BS!

reliable,”!”!

hook up your cart to the headshell, easy swap, etc.