How do you know when a stereo sounds good?

When do you know your system is pleasing to listen to? How do you conclusively prove to yourself that your system sounds good to you? How do you determine that you enjoy listening to music through your stereo? Do you have a suite of measurements that removes all shadow of a doubt that you are getting good sound, sound that you enjoy? Please share.

128x128ted_denney

When a system has the ability to electronically resurrect dead musicians & they are in the room with you. 

Perhaps I'm beginning to understand Mr Denney's target audience.

I get what you’re asking. But it’s close to impossible to answer. If it sounds good to your ears then it’s good. You can listen to other systems in other rooms and it will surely sound different. But is it better? Possibly but the only way to tell is to listen to it in your room. Not always feasible. For me, I’m over the top with my system and that’s all that matters.

When my mind stops wandering as it usually does, and I am captivated by the performance, music, or noticing something wonderful about a composition that I thought I knew well. Presently, I am disappointed with the system that I have, and need to rethink my approach. So yes, I know when I am NOT happy too.

@boxer12 

When a system has the ability to electronically resurrect dead musicians & they are in the room with you.  

exactly!

I know my system is good , when I get all the critism  to my stereo, and still loving it.And continues to invite them😀