new Allison Krause & Robert Plant Pressing seems noisy

Just dropped on vinyl today.  been waiting a good decade for a follow up to Raising Sand and while this material is fantastic, seems like I got a noisy pressing.  Not many pops and clicks but noise is there on everything.  Switched to 10 other albums and dead quiet.  Getting the same jam on the clearaudio Stradivari v2, Benz LP-S, and the new super slick Goldenberg Brilliant cart.  Ran it through a few washes, a tad better, but it's got a noisy floor.  Wonder if anyone else is getting this.

73cuttysupreme

not many spring chicken voices here on AG either, I will settle for Robert in 2021

On the stamper thing....sure a prefect plating job is just one of many steps where things can go awry...there are many more not specific to the stamper.... there is this cool thing called Ishikawa diagram, study it...

@loomisjohnson , I absolutely agree. I just got the digital download.

@herman , I should have said you should assume all are bad. Not that you should not try to get a better one but, as with my recent experience with Blue Note it can be like pulling teeth. In this case the heater elements were not balanced and all the records came out dished. They kept sending me dished records in spite of my insisting on waiting for the next run. 

Another comment I wish to make about modern records and reissues. I have had somebad reissues. Little Feat's Last Record Album was disgusting. However. modern monitoring and mastering equipment is far more advanced than years back leading to more accurate versions particularly of old rock records. Frank Zappa's early records were all muted but the remasters are terrific. Surrealistic Pillow and Baxters are another example. The record industry was making records for kids with crappy record players as cheaply as possible so they could afford them. They took Jazz and Classical far more seriously. The differences were obvious on my fathers system. I am not sure where this "gotta have original pressings" came from but I don't. If the modern analog version is no good I just download a file if one is available. This Happened with The Cure's Disintegration. After three bad copies I gave up and got the file which is excellent. 

so mine is dead quiet including the lead in and between songs, at least side one

the dead wax on side one has 

j powell

38!56.!(3)..

1166101372 side A

I listened to this LP at a friend's house last week. I was not impressed with the quality of the pressing.