Speakers for a Large Room (20’x37’)

Open concept listening space with speakers on one short wall and kitchen at the other end.  Furniture about fifteen feet from speakers.  I assume I'll need large speakers and am considering Klipsch Cornwalls as well as Tannoy Ardens, but open to suggestions.  I also assume standmounts are too small for the space.  I should mention I mostly listen at low to moderate sound levels, occasionally cranking it if the wife is out.   Thanks for any input.

doni

+1 for the Spatial X Series.

My room is 25'X25' with a cathredral ceiling topping out at about 14'.  The X-5's are stunning!  Detail retreval is like nothing I have ever heard.

the kef blades are magnificent but wil lail to presurize such a large room

if they are turned up too loud the midrange driver will fail..

legacy mkes speakers which can fill up such a space

the focus have deep bassand are 96 db  efficient they also handle tons of power

dave and troy

Audio intellect   nj

kef and legacy dealers

@doni I just think the Blade are the best speaker I have ever heard. There are aspeakers with a little better drivers out there (for ex. Yamaha NS5000). However, the way the Blades project the soundstage in unsurpased with every other speaker I have heard. I have gone to a a few shows and have heard a lot of gear. There are also incredible audio stores in Southern California. So I am not basing my comment from limited experience.

BTW - the Yamaha NS5000 is also an incredible 'bookshelf" speaker that would likely be great in your large space. You can get a home demo of them from 2 online sellers. I expect to get the NS5000 over the Blade because the side firing Blades are a bit more difficult to place in my living room. I have a local NS5000 dealer.

BTW2 - I expect the KEF Blades to be upgraded soon with the META technology that came with the most recent LS50's.

I just read the @audiotroy comment about the Blade and loud volume. I never new that. So maybe the Blade recommendation is something to question if you play really loud (I don’t).

Last month I was in a room with top end Legacy speakers driven by a CODA #16 amp and those speakers will really fill a large room. I also heard them a few years ago in a large hotel room and the room was too small for them. Not a big Legacy fan though but they have a huge sound.

I also see @verdantaudio commenting on the Vivid Kaya line. I really like those speakers too. I was planning to get the Magico A3 for my office until I heard the Kaya 90 (I was interested in the Kaya 45). I thought it was a better speaker with more coherent sound. However, the side firing woofers made me relunctant to get them even after I spoke the the guys from Vivid. They said the side firing woofers would not cause a problem in my room which have drywall and outside brick. I went with the safer pick of the Thiel CS3.7.