Naim CD5x versus CDX2

Hi folks. I'm interested in hearing from those who have experience with one or both of these units. Basically, is the CDX2 worth the extra dough? Also, I'm curious about where each of these can be taken with additional power supplies--XPS and Flatcap 2. For example, how would a CD5x with a Flatcap 2 stack up against the CDX2, etc.

Thanks!
dodgealum
You guys have any problems with isolating these players. Some folks suggest the Naim units are more prone to vibration than other players and must be used in conjunction with some form of isolation platform, feet ETC.
You would have a hard time making them sound bad.
Good solid shelf, any quality audio rack, is all that's required.
If you want better:
Naim Fraim....pricey
Quadraspire...nice looking reasonably priced. I use that rack with a Nuence platform under my CDX2, seems to help.
I would not recommend Points or anything that elevates the original feet off the surface. Naim designed these feet to be optimum. The CDX2 feet are hard, CD5X are softer.
I agree with musicat and perfectionist cd5x very good but cdx2 noticeably better. XPS takes it to new level, more open and detailed. CDX and xps can be found used.
Well, I've always isolated all my cdp's. I currently use Aurios Pro and Pro-Max bearings under all my gear, including amps. But I really never noticed the Naim cdp's being any worse than others w/o isolation. I'm a firm believer in isolation thru my own trial and error...
Again, check here:

http://forums.naim-audio.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=CDX2+isolation

You can find every question about Naim that you can think up on the Naim forum.