Who Tried Power Conditioners Over The Years and No Longer Use Them Today, Any Why?

Been thinking back to when I started in Audio and how good the system sounded with no power conditioners or fancy power cords. Then in the '90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them. If you used one on front end gear only or whole systems I will be interested in your real-world experience you could share with us all. I have a few so I am not against them, but I do at times have questions. 
128x128phillyb
Then in the ’90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them.

Pure narrative. The problem with narrative, it relies on innuendo and implication rather than facts and logic. The implication is there is nothing of value here, it is all down to some sinister force called "profit".

But profits come from satisfying consumer demand. Power conditioners, power cords, speaker cables, interconnects- these are all so much better than your old AC outlet, freebie rubber power cords, lamp cord and patch cords they are on another planet.

It is however supposed to be an open market. Just because better stuff is out there, doesn’t mean you necessarily buy it. You are free to buy whatever you want. Even stuff so bad it makes you wish for the really bad stuff of back in the day. This would seem to be the case. Either that, or this is another case of good old selective memory nostalgia.
Depends on your system and its resolution I love mine VIBEX Platinum 2 units.
I’ve used a variety over the years, both conditioners and regenerators. Let’s see: TAD/Bybee; Bybee/Curl Pro; PurePower 2000; Running Springs Dmitri; Audience’s top duplex wall mount, whatever it was labeled, just for my phono stage. Once I installed 4 20-amp dedicated lines with top Furutech duplexes and a separate subpanel running directly back to my new 200-amp service, though, I pretty much gave up on conditioning, etc. I liked direct to the wall better. Then I tried AudioQuest Niagara 5000 around 18 months ago, just to see, and it has stayed in my system ever since. With everything in the signal chain plugged into it (very important to cut ground noise), including high power class A amps (when I use them), the noise floor drops dramatically and everything is at once more detailed and more natural. AQ Hurricane cords all around really help, too. Now 3 dedicated lines sit unused.
When my PS Audio  AC Junction box overheated and bit the dust, I replaced it with a generic TripLite box that happened to be in the house. Son of a gun, the stereo sounded better with the TripLite. I still though, connect the TripLite to my groovy PS audio wall outlets with the hefty PS Audio AC cord that came with the PS Audio box. Agreed, I was never able to do  back-and-forth comparisons, but I just don't care enough to fret over it. I'm getting good sound, and that's enough.