What were the radio stations of your youth that helped you on your music/audio journey?

I am older so my radio stations of influence were in their prime during the British invasion and many, many American singers and groups.  
The stations I listen to the most were WLS out of Chicago, KIOA out of Des Moines, KAAY out of Little Rock, Arkansas and KOMA  out of Oklahama.  When I was in the Air Froce I had a few stations near the main base I was stationed at outside of Rapid City, S.D.  
Of course systems and better and better systems and FM became the dominate source for broadcast/online music.  I did learn much of what I liked and eventually purchased through early radio listening.
I still listen to radio mainly for Jazz stations and NPR news. 

jusam
WLS.... wow haven't thought about that in eons!  I grew up in the mountains of North West Arkansas in a small town and would cruise every Friday & Saturday night in high school.  On clear nights we could get WLS out of Chicago and part on the town square and all tune our cars to WLS.  Oh the memories.   
San Francisco 
1960s
KFRC
KYA
Seemed not much available good music at the time, didn’t care for the “old stuff” much beyond the 50s.  Now I got decades living through music with it’s affect on the culture and me.  Also increased musical knowledge and maturing tastes makes me a fan of most musical genres…including the “old stuff”.  Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t have called it “old stuff”.
Growing up in NYC as a teenager in the 70’s the biggest influence in radio were WNEW rock, WRVR jazz WBLO all the way to the left, WFUV was in there too but maybe later. But there were other stations (Illegal for sure) broadcasting late at night. These stations were fairly radical in what they were playing. One in particular was somewhere on Long Island. It was an awesome station.
I only listen to the radio in my car these days and only sometimes.  NPR sometimes but I'm so tired of politics and the obvious bias they employee. I prefer to bias tubes thank you. There is a great classical station whose call sign escapes me at the moment.
Does anyone still use a tuner? I have a really decent one here that hasn’t been plugged in for....oh 30 or so years