Adding a Herron VTSP 3A/360 Preamplifier to the system.

The new (new to me) Herron Audio VTSP 3A/360 Preamp will arrive Friday the fifth. Very much looking forward to it's arrival.

Beautifully built, and should sound that way as well.

Regards,
Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan
I've been using my custom built Tannoy HPD 315 speakers for years now, firsst with solid state, with which they sounded very good.

I switched to tube amps quite a  few years ago now, and with my latest amp purchase, the 3C24 amp built for me by Paul Birkeland of Bottlehead, they sound the best they ever have. When coupled to the Herron preamp, I'm expecting wonders through them, as they already are very enjoyable to listen to.
@vinylvalet - when I ordered mine from Keith, he asked me whether I wanted a faceplate that said 'Reference' or one that said '360' (preamp identical, just different text on the faceplate); I went with '360' - it still says 'Reference' when it boots up.... But he may be out of the '360' ones by now.... 

Well, Gentlemen, the VTSP 3A/360 arrived on Saturday. It took me all weekend for my 74 YOA stroke-affected body/mind to get it installed (and the twice as heavy Modwright packaged up and put away), but on Monday night I got to listen to it.

I was pretty much slack-jawed at how the music sounded. It was good before, but now it's soooo much better.

Everything sounds better, but well recorded piano really blew me away. And, I haven't got to vinyl yet, trying to rebuild the arm-raise mechanism for the old Dynavector 501 arm. Today's the day.

Only critiscism is the p-ss-poor remote control system that came in it. It's a learning process so far, but I think I'll be able to live with it

Other than the above-mentioned remote problem, it has delivered as promised.

Thanks for your interest, regards,

Dan

Congrats.  I have Keith's VTPH-2A phono pre, and it greatly improved my vinyl playback system.  I would probably have gone for the VTSP Reference if it had balanced ins/outs.