What do audiophiles do in their cars?

All of you forum members with your killer home systems…what do you listen to in your cars?  Do y’all have custom stereo systems?  Does the quality of the stereo system actually impact your car buying decision?  I have a B&O setup in my 2021 truck, which was an upgrade and sounds decent enough, but nothing compared to a typical HiFi home system.
128x128bigtex22
@rixthetrick

hi Rick, there is a right way to integrate aftermarket gear into today’s models, but it’s got to be done properly.....and you would be someone who could do that.

enjoyed meeting you and your wife, hope it happens again.

cheers,

Mike

If you truly think any stock Automotive stereo system is good, you are full of it. If you are a true HiFi/ Audiophile person, why settle. You’re no different than a child listening to music on their phone. I don’t understand for settling for less. The question: Is it tough to do ? Absolutely. Great things doesn’t come easy. You have to work at it. Creating HiFi in a vehicle definitely can be done. The problem is we are confirming to the crappy ergonomics that today’s vehicle offers and we settle for what’s available from the automakers. They truly laugh at us because we get hung up on the names like Meridian, Bang & olufsen, McIntosh, Mark Levinson, etc. all of the equipment in these vehicles are junk and truly sounds terrible. These manufacturers charge you a ton of money for absolute garbage . Absolutely the best way for the automaker’s to make a profit. I have a custom system and wouldn’t trade it for any of the junk out there. Does it sound as good as my home system? Absolutely not but I bet it definitely sounds a heck of a lot better than what you would call the best system an automaker puts in their vehicle. I challenge any factory system against mine. I miss IASCA Sound Quality Competitions.  
I listen to talk radio. I spend about 20 minutes a day traveling back and forth to work. At this point in my life there are other interests to spend money on. 40 years ago, it was a different story. 
Jjss49.... expanding just a little on your points, if I may;
What  did anyone pay attention to  when parked at a drive in movie with a girlfriend? . If your answer was the sound quality then you missed out.

what did anyone pay attention to when playing a bands songs after just seeing that band in concert?   If you could hear anything at all besides the ringing in your ears and the euphoria of seeing an awesome concert then you missed out.

what did anyone pay attention to when they were driving down with a buddy from the northeast to Florida for spring break? If you were annoyed at your buddy for singing along to every other song preventing you from hearing the intricacies of the song then you missed out.

however....you were perfectly proper if you were focusing tightly on the sound when you were driving along with your girlfriend and her mother in the back seat while her mother was jabbering away at who knows what.  If you know what then you missed out on the music and were focusing on the wrong thing