The "British Invasion". A question for you old farts out there.

In school as a young teen ager, we has two groups....the Beatles fans and the Dave Clark Five fans, which I was one of.  In your youth did you have different cliques (I am thinking high school) based on what bands/singers they liked?  I was also in the minority by being a Del Shannon fan.  (yes, I am a dinosaur! ).  Thankfully I aged into Jazz and Classical for the most part, but did enjoy some popular music in the 80s.   And you?

jusam
Guess you just had to be there- Hearing Chuck Berry and the Beach Boys while the British Invasion was taking over the airwave on radios everywhere?

I've tried a few times-Beatles.  Just can't feel the DC5. That skinny Mick guy  who imitates Black R&B singers and the Rolling somethings...??

The lead singer for the Dave Clark Five was Mike Smith. Mike died a few years back because of complications from an earlier accident.  Actually I looked it up and Mr. Smith died longer ago than I thought.  Time does pass quickly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Smith_(Dave_Clark_Five)
Paul Revere and the Raiders defended the country against the British Invasion.  I caught them with the Stones around 1966.  “Kicks” is a great tune.