Anyone dislike Ohm Walsh speakers?

Hello,

I live in Southeast Asia in a country where there is no way to audition a pair of Ohm Walsh speakers. I'm looking to buy a pair of Ohm Walsh 2000's for music/home theater. 

I have seen rave reviews about the Ohm Walshs and like the idea of an omnidirectional speaker. But I'm hesitant since I would like this to be my "forever" pair of speakers and am paying $500 for shipping. Has anyone here heard a pair of Ohm Walshs and not liked them? Just trying to figure out my chances of making a purchase that I might regret. Thank you so much everyone!
thomaspynchon211

Greetings,
Still listening to, and loving, my 25+ year old ,Infinity Rennasaince 90's
I got a pair of Ohm F still using. The sound with so neutral and open. The bass is beyond transcription. For a fair price, I wouldn't mind considering it. I am in Canada.
Good choice if you have the proper environment and equipment. Its very power hungry:)
Thomas, I have a pair of Ohm Walsh 2000's and have had them for about 20 months now.  I can honestly tell you it is a love-hate relationship. 
They sound OK, nothing spectacular for the price, but good.  Placement is easy, as they can be put near walls without suffering too many bass issues.  The enclosures are hand finished and nice, but there are signs here and there that they are definitely built one by one.
They take FOREVER to break in.  I'm admittedly only a casual listener - I don't play them every day.  But it took the good part of the first year for the bass to settle in.  At first there was little bass, but then it starts to slowly come to life.  The highs were very shrill at first and have calmed down, but if your electronics and sources have a bright tendency, I would look elsewhere.
The one thing that got me a bit upset was when I thought the bass was just not there, I phoned Ohm about it.  They then admitted there was a "secret" switch inside where the crossover were located, near the input terminals.  They said to just remove the terminal plate and move the switch to the side with the red dot.  I asked why such a feature and they told me that too many people were buying the 2000s and would have had a better bass experience with the 1000s when in a smaller room.  When I found the magic switch, it was one of those old, open slide switches - about a $0.50 item.  Plus I knew these switched were notorious for oxidizing as they are completely open.  The other thing that made no sense was the fact that Ohm is very specific about the room size when purchasing.  Crazy.  I'm in the process of contacting Ohm to get a schematic of the crossover to remove the switch.
Once last piece of advice.  I bought these speakers based on 2 glowing reviews on YouTube.  Guttenburg and Z Reviews.  My advice - don't listen to any more reviews, burn your copies of TAS magazines, and stop listening to others.  Buy your speakers locally at a shop where you can return them if you are not happy with the sound.  Then only stop buying audio gear when you and you only are happy with the sound of your system.  That's all that matters.
@lagunamike...very interested to hear what the rest of your system is.  My experience has been a bit different than yours.  I did have a peaky brightness around 5-7kHz which I assumed was the 2000s, but a new amplifier made that vanish completely.  John likes to promote his speakers as a good match with any electronics, but IME, the 2000s respond well to better gear, and work better with some gear than others.