Shunyata Alpha/Delta NR Line.

Does anyone have experience with the new line of NR cables? How would it compare with the previous line of Shunyata cables especially the Alpha HC or digital?
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
I own a 3 meter XLR pair of the the Shunyata Sigma V2's and it has been my best interconnect to date.

ozzy
Hi @guakus.Go to the bottom of this page: https://shunyata.com/download/13808/

You will see the difference between Delta vs Alpha and Sigma. Not just the gauge, check the jacket, carbon fiber on Alpha and Sigma vs Polycarbonate on Delta.

With regards to gauge, check the Dynamic Transient Current Delivery (DTCD) on Shunyata website under technology 
I recently tried the alpha and delta V2 in my system on loan from the cable company. I also tried a Voodoo cable (don’t recall the model but it was very thick, large gauge). My system was already wired with Nordost (Tyr and Frey). I did this because one day I moved my one Tyr onto my preamp (from the amp) and it really opened up the system, seemed to have the most impact there out of anywhere else. So for fun I tried a Pangea 7 gauge copper cable on the amp since the Tyr was gone, and while not as clear as the Nordost, it did some really great things the Nordost didn’t. So that’s when I thought to try some more big copper cables. Long story short, the Alpha V2 was the best of any of the cables on the amp; very clear and smooth sounding while retaining a full body. I bought one for the amp (Luxman M900). I also thought the Delta was a great cable and a really good deal for the price, but it did not quite have the clarity or openness of the alpha. Since I had the Delta still, I tried it elsewhere in the system (DAC, preamp) and did not like it as much as the other Nordost cables, which of course were 3x the price or more. Overall I find the Shunyata cables to be very smooth and natural sounding with excellent midrange detail. They don’t have quite the top end clarity of the more expensive Nordost cables, but then that’s what Nordost excels at IME. I think having the two brands in the system is also bringing some kind of synergy and balance overall.  As with everything you really have to try different things and see how it comes out.