PrimaLuna Evo 200 underwhelming

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help or advise. I bought an ex. Display Primaluna Evo 200 a couple of weeks ago, mainly based on all the rave reviews and excellent comments on various forums. I must say, that vocals are terrific but overall, the sound seems muffled. There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should be. I have tried the 4 and 8 ohm settings and there doesn’t seem a great deal of difference. I am using it with a Linn Genki CD player and Robson Acoustics Opulus speakers, also Vintage Tannoy Mercury speakers. I haven’t messed with the tubes because I have no idea how to do that. I so want this amplifier to sound beautiful but there is something missing. Can anyone help please?
golfnut2
Warm in the seanse of melding/meshing the midrange all together,, ultra smoothhhh, 
but then  cuts off the crystaliztion factor.
carbon offers a interesting image, no doubt.
But ultimately I opt for Metal. 
I think Takman offers best metal resistors. 
I also think once the Rex's are swaped to Rey's the quad of 12AU7
's will offer the best linestage circuit.
The AX = 100 amplificatio factor
AU= 20.
Honestly a  all AU linestage would work better in my system as I am now using high  sens WBers, and don't want that added push from the linesage's AX's in the circuit.
This would allow more gain control on the  vol pot.
The DPL had 2 AX's but my tech after modding with Takman Rey's , a  few weeks later,, suggested the circuit could swap out  one of the AX's fora  AU,,and it worked like a  charm, = superior performance,, so the other day,,i  attempted to swap out the  other AX for a  AU = no go, 
So based on this swap of  AX for a  AU, with superior results,,, leads me to believe AU's are a  superior tube for a  linestage circuit,. Which is why Cayin employs a  quad of 12AU7's. 
Smart. 

@holmz My comments above are all within ultralinear. I have not tried triode yet. But I certainly will. Thanks.
That amplifier allows switching on the fly… With the remote.

The Taksman resistors “being so sensitive” sounds snake oily,
They are used to limit currrent, and in dividing voltage.

But I know people that do not like the sounds that athodium plated connection gives, so maybe they are better at it.
@holmz I agree. I briefly compared ultralinear with triode with the new KT150s. It was not subtle. Triode bass was boomier, mids and trebles were subdued and less clear and distinct. Basically everything in triode mode was less clear and distinct. I will be using ultralinear mode. It’s much better.