PrimaLuna Evo 200 underwhelming

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help or advise. I bought an ex. Display Primaluna Evo 200 a couple of weeks ago, mainly based on all the rave reviews and excellent comments on various forums. I must say, that vocals are terrific but overall, the sound seems muffled. There seems to be a hole where the mid range detail should be. I have tried the 4 and 8 ohm settings and there doesn’t seem a great deal of difference. I am using it with a Linn Genki CD player and Robson Acoustics Opulus speakers, also Vintage Tannoy Mercury speakers. I haven’t messed with the tubes because I have no idea how to do that. I so want this amplifier to sound beautiful but there is something missing. Can anyone help please?
golfnut2
@holmz I agree. I briefly compared ultralinear with triode with the new KT150s. It was not subtle. Triode bass was boomier, mids and trebles were subdued and less clear and distinct. Basically everything in triode mode was less clear and distinct. I will be using ultralinear mode. It’s much better.
@kingbarbuda

OK - so our amps give similar results in terms of making a difference.

However mine sounded a bit airy and “hollow” in Triode.
And the bass fled the scene.

But I occasionally keep pressing the button anyhow.

Are you seeing a red LED or green LED with UltraLinear?(Seems like our observations are exactly opposite.)
@holmz which amp do you have? Actually it sounds like you got worse results with triode. That lines up with what I reported above.