REL vs JL AUDIO

Who makes the best subwoofer for music? REL or JL AUDIO? REL uses High level, JL AUDIO low level with EQ. Which will be better for music. 
jeffvegas
Having owned both here are the pros and cons-

JL Audio
+Powerful, nice sounding bass with deep impact
-Cabinet resonance colored the midrange of my monitors- a deal breaker
-Difficult integration even with high level inputs and continuous phase control and REW measuring.  after over a year the integration still was not perfect
-High level snap in connector difficult to install and somewhat loose.  

REL
+Nice sounding bass, more subtle and very fast and musical.  Plays flat to 20Hz in room.  
+Solid cabinet with no resonance- midrange from monitors is perfect- no coloration.
+Extremely fast and easy to integrate, weeks vs. years.
+Level and crossover controls have "click steps" to document and adjust the settings.  
+High level input cables are long and of good quality.

Keepers in my audiophile system.    

I alternate between KEF LS-50s and Magnepan .7s for my primary speakers. Most subs I've tried make low tones but they sound wooly, slow, and flabby compared to the primaries. The REL T/7x in my listening room is an incredibly good match for both speakers. Fast, well defined bass,with adequate dynamic range and output level in my situation. Bigger room, bigger speakers, obviously I would double up or go with a higher-end offering. 
I’ve been very happy and impressed with my Rel T9i
and the T9x is incrementally better. Very musical yet punch with home theater. Hi or Low input.