Luxman 590axii ventilation

Question for other class A owners out there. I’m keen on picking up a Luxman 590axii but my placement is limited to a cabinet shelf with an open back/front with about 1” of clearance above the amp. I can add some ventilation holes to the shelf above, but will be limited by a center channel speaker sitting on that shelf. Am I asking for trouble with a class a amp?

thanks!

t
trentgordon
I can tell you 1" is asking for trouble as I own one. My rack is open on all sides and I used to have about 2 to 3 inches clearance above the amp and it still occasionally went into shut down mode about 3 times in a year.

I have now removed the component on the upper shelf that was previously sitting above the Luxman. Everything is good now and the amp works flawlessly without shutting down by itself. By the way, the L-590AXII is a great sounding Class A amp, a very high quality integrated at its price point which is capable of stellar sound quality when properly optimized with equally high quality speakers, ancillary equipment, accessories and cabling.

Enjoy ~
A cheap temp solution is a small USB fan that pushes air over the top and out.... Until you get the new shelf.... I have the 550ax2 on metal vitsoe 606 shelves... Next one about 4.5inches above. They get warmed by amp but experimented with fan and nada cool to the touch
I have to agree 1" is asking for trouble; if you don't find a way to increase circulation.

Adding suitable fans is like having it out in the open. Can be even better when the operating temperature is reduced.
+1 to paladin. Mount the tv and display the amp where it can breathe and look good…