Micromega M100 vs Coda CSib, vs Pass ? vs

I’ve been running a Micromega M100 for a few months that initially I did not care for. Not sure what happened but now I really like it. I was thinking back and it’s possible I had the room correction engaged from the previous owner.
Between the M100 and a few other items I can sell I can round up probably 6 grand. Would anything in that price range used be a substantial improvement to the Micromega. I would lose the very good DAC in the Micromega so would prob need to budget at least 1k out of the 6 for a DAC. 
Driving Pioneer S-1ex and Focal 836w. Listen to Rock, Acoustic Rock, outlaw country, metal, Reggae (sometimes). 

Thanks
mofojo
ye s we sell all three the coda csib with the right dac is extraodinary the krell k3001 is fantastic as a dac amp and streamer for the price with the dac and streamer it is pretty hrd to beat

the m100 is also a geeat all around performer it really depends onj the synergy with the loudspeakers

dave and troy
audio intellect nj
micromega, coda and krell dealers
@mofojo I did a comparison last night with the KRELL K-300i vs CODA separates, 07x + #8 using my RAAL SR1a headphones. The KRELL was my favorite by a lot. It is the stronger bass on the KRELL that really makes the RAAL work great (It is a bit bass shy).

On my floor standers I would say the CODA separates is preferred by the slimiest of margins over the KRELL K-300i. They sound different. The CODA separates are better than the CSiB.

I also compared the internal DAC on the KRELL with my Benchmark DAC3B and it was close but I preferred the Benchmark DAC3B to the KRELL’s internal DAC. If I did not have 2 better DACs than the KRELL’s internal DAC, I would be happy to use the internal DAC.

As I stated previously the HDMI on the KRELL DAC is very nice and easy to use with ARC return. I have a Roku, an Oppo BluRay, and Cable TV also hooked up to the KRELL via HDMI. I also use TOSLINK from the TV into the DAC3B and then into 1 of the sources on the KRELL. Also great sound. A very nimble feature rich unit.

It took me a while to appreciate it but the KRELL K-300i is now my fav integrated. Like it over the following:

- CODA CSiB
- Mark Levinson 585
- Luxman 509x
- PeachTree Nova 150

I’m really starting to appreciate the Micromega with the Focals, just a great synergy. I like it with the Pioneers as well but am kinda dumbfounded I may be liking the much cheaper Focals more. 
Sounds like the Krell is something I should definitely check out if I ran across one with the right price.  If I decide to try something Ill definitely keep the Micromega until I can do proper comparison. Too many times I’ve sold something without a side by side and left thinking hmmmmm….. I wonder. 
@mojo I was considering the Micromega along with the KRELL and CODA. I did not want DSP on my unit (I prefer a computer) so that was a deciding factor for me to not try the Micromega. I was at first down on the amp fan (I think Micromega has one) but my KRELL also has a fan and I do not hear it sitting 1 foot from it.

I actually did sell my KRELL K-300i but took it back because the buyer had some issue with the lettering on the faceplate. I never noticed it when I sold it. I am so happy I still have the unit. I sent it back to KRELL to fix the faceplate, and they replaced it with a completely new faceplate. The new ones no longer have white lettering pasted on. Instead it is grey lettering that is etched on the faceplate.

In regards to CODA...

Couple things... mostly for @audiotroy and @yyzsantabarbara

When paired with the right dac...which dacs are we talking about? I had either the denaphrips pontus ii or venus ii in mind.

Can u guys describe the sound signature for coda and what kind a speakers pairs well with it? CODA seems to fly under the radar and because of that it’s hard to find people who talk about their experiences with it. The csib should be able to let most speakers shine at their best should it not? I always hear good clean current is important in an amp and one way to tell if a amp does that is by looking at its specs and if the watts double into 4ohm and tipple into 2ohm then that shows the amplifier is able to get the very best out of most speakers. Seems as though csib does this. Would u guys be comfortable pairing it the csib with $10-15000 speakers or is about $7-8000 speakers the limit?

I’m all over the map with this because for some reason I’m drawn to tge CODA csib. Maybe it’s because it seems to have a great performance for the money value. It also looks great in silver. I just never heard one. And haven’t found many people who have.