Help! Trying to choose between 2 integrateds that I haven't heard to pair w/Vandersteens

I think I’ve narrowed my choices to 2 integrated amps, to pair with my new Vandersteen 2CE Sig III speakers (latest generation):

1: Ayre AX-5 Twenty (I found a clean used one @ $7500 --they’re >$12k new)
OR
2: Aesthetix Mimas, $7000 naked, or $8200 with DAC. (review: http://aesthetix.net/docs/Aesthetix_Mimas_TheAbsoluteSound2019.pdf )

I lean to the Mimas because it does have a headphone stage, and they have a DAC module for $1200 that is said to be excellent. Also because of the tube preamp stage, and I sorta crave some tube in my system.

That said, AYRE is a classic matchup for Vandersteens (it and the Aesthetix use no negative feedback, fwiw) and gets excellent reviews. New vs new, it’s a step up from the Mimas

I did try the Simaudio 600i V2 and it was sweet, and built like a tank with 10 year warranty. I liked it, but wish I could have auditioned it in my home. It didn’t knock me out though.

I currently run an Audio Alchemy DDP-1 preamp/DAC + Odyssey Audio Khartago+++ amp, the best Khartago he builds. I am not unhappy, but want to take things to the next level. With the Ayre I’d need a separate DAC, and am thinking the Denafrips Pontus II or the new Holo Spring 3... OR?

Thanks for any advice, especially Vandersteen folks!

128x128patrickdowns
Yes, the card based DAC is quite good - i could be accused of Aesthetix bias, as i have a Pandora. I have not had the chance to listen to the headphone jack - Ray at Stereo Unlimited in San Diego would know. 

Best to you!
Summers we are in Seattle, where are you ?
wlutke5

Your speakers got a glowing review! Do you love them? I love the Vandy sound, but ponder what I would do if I had $10-20k for speakers? Quatro CT? Or? I also dream of some really efficient (>93db) speakers with which to drive a low powered integrated like the Linear Tube Audio, maybe for a 2nd system.
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/acoustic-zen-crescendo-loudspeaker
tomic601 - I live in Port Angeles, 2.5 hours W of Seattle. I used to live in north county San Diego for 10 years (until the mid-80s, then LA for 16 yrs), and have shopped at Stereo Unltd. I talked to Ray not long ago, because my pal in Calsbad/Encinitas shops there sometimes and I learned they were an Aesthetix dealer so I called for info. Nice guy. He’s been in "the biz" for what, 40+ years?

You have the charmed life...PacNW in summer, SoCal in winter!
patrickdowns,
I thoroughly enjoy the Crescendo 2’s.   With a good sub they come to life.  $8k-$9k used.
OK, a hypothetical for anyone not bored with my questions!

WOULD YOU upgrade to TREO CTs first, and keep the front end I have for now (my Odyssey Khartago amp is well-regarded and sounds good)

OR

Upgrade to the Aesthetix Mimas (for example, or the Ayre integrated) now, and then the Treo CT (or Quatro CT if I was very fortunate) later?

There probably is no wrong answer, but I am looking for the biggest improvement now, with an upgrade path later. THANKS!