Audio deals you bought that seem impossible for the price?

When I look at the Elac Adante center channel I bought open box (I later added the stand) for $1400 total, a couple of years back, I think how is this even possible at anywhere near the price?  The 65 pound speaker (designed by the amazing Andrew Jones) has an aluminum front baffle with waveguide, custom designed (as opposed to off the shelf) concentric drivers, a very sophisticated internal woofer band pass structure and a trapezoidal cabinet.  
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-NJlSV8T4YYE/p_970AC61GB/ELAC-Adante-AC-61-Gloss-Black.html#&gid=1&pid=2

What are your audio purchases that seem impossible, or where the manufacturer clearly lost money?

emailists
Flash sale at Crutchfield for the CS9080 center for $611. Pay $1 now and the rest when the item ships 5 weeks from now. I look around after paying…still $1,199 at B&H and locally. Next day, the rest of the charge hits my card. I had planned to use a different card and/or make the money to pay for it in 5 steady work weeks or cancel. Nope! Took the money out my checking account already and I called to see what gives. Seems they received the shipment just 5 weeks earlier and that’s why I was charged. Oh, well! Got the speaker and no worries about how to pay for it. It was done and over and on the way! Cool enough! 
The little Andrew Jones designed Pioneer speaker, which you can buy for next to nothing.
I bought a Vincent SA31 pre amplifier at half price in a sale, never had Vincent before but needed a cheap pre amp. It was originally around AUD$1000 got it for AUD$550, great bargain. Got it home fired it up and noticed it was a little different to the box so thought maybe minor upgrade and whilst box said SA31 the unit had SA31MK on it so I thought mk1 vs mk2. Had in system for a week before I queried with the store (after visiting Vincent website), the young salesman was apologetic but maybe I could just keep what I had as they had now stopped selling Vincent? So a new SA31MK rep AUD$1900 for $550.
Silversmith Fidelium speakers @ $1200 for an 8’ pair is a screaming deal. They blew away my $6K cables and probably better very pricey cables.
Buying searching out the gems quality ,brand,build quality then totally upgrading 
myself 20 years modding xovers ,the weakest link in well over 80% of loudspeaker so important being the central nervous system of a Loudspeaker 
the mfg  feels ok is good enough ,out of site out of  mind , in electronics 
many brands Come to mind ,even some very $$ ones nice looking average parts 
quality inside , with over 40 years in Audio and owned a Audio store in the U.K 
I recommended many upgrades ,that’s how Dan Modwright made a name 
he hired top engineers to assist in upgrading the circuit with better parts quality .
currently looking at top quality speakers ,getting a lot of flac on Many loudspeakers even Big names going cheap in the Xover dept.