New cables - To judge now or after burn in period?

I am in the midst of auditioning a host of Siltech speaker cables (Siltech Legend 380i & 680i) and interconnects (XLR and RCA - Siltech Legend 380i). Needless to say, they are quite a bit more costly than my existing QED cables (QED Genesis Silver Spiral Bi-wire & QED Signature 40 interconnects).

The Siltech cables are highly recommended by my distributor and seem to be well received by the audiophile press. However, doubts arise as upon trying them at home they do not sound as dynamic as my existing QED cables. While the highs are more resolving and I am hearing things that I have not heard before, the bass seems constricted and the music does not make my feet tap anymore.

Is that because the cables are brand new and have not been burnt in as yet? Or is it because there is no synergy between the cables and my particular system? Or is it a bit of both? If it is a burn in issue, how many hours of burn in is required before I should make a judgment as to whether I prefer the sound of the interconnects and speaker cables?

All inputs or observations are welcome.

128x128dcpillai
By the way, what's the difference between SilTech and SilNote cables?  The names sound too familiar.
I don’t believe in cable burn in. Not going to debate anyone who believes it.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wouldn’t either if I didn’t know the difference between the two.

Break In.. NOT Burn in..

If your going to sport the name "mastering"? at least get the verbiage correct.. Break in.. Things BREAK IN...

When someone tells me it has to burn in, I get a fire extinguisher, do you understand..

I won’t even buy from a company that uses the term, unless they sell valves.. I know you have a motor in your car.. A starter motor..

I am a master mechanic.. Cables break in/ settle.. period.. Even in my industry, mechanics chase issues behind just that.. Cables with poor contact and poor quality control.. Light bulbs burn in.. The wiring to them breaks in..

What do you think that goo is for between the bulbs and every plug in a car.. or Excavator that stays running.. Without it it won’t. They settle and make a lot better contact.. SHAKING getting better and better. There is a reason.. It’s not an opinion 16th edition 2003 Electrical Engineers. Read about Nano arcing or micro arcing.

Required reading in my field.. I don’t have to be an engineer to read their books, but it sure help to be a mechanic..

They make sure the stuff works, we make sure it’s used... Engineer vs Mechanic. They put stuff together and prototype we fix what they miss and repair their crazy ideas..

"The young don't always do as they are told" The Nox SG-1 (Sept. 12, 1997) ep. 1.08 :-)

Regards
Semantics aside, Krissy and I listened and clearly heard my new arm sound better and better literally minute by minute. Everything else was thoroughly warmed up but the tone arm wire was brand new zero hours. Even now 20-30 hours in it is still improving. Only those with no experience (or who can't hear) even question this any more. 

caps and any device with capacitance take a while to form…..and stay formed….partially formed does not sound the same as fully…

some cables configuration, materials are a bear to form. 

play music, run it it, form…enjoy

hint DBS patent will make all this clear….
IMO, cables do "break in" to a certain extent (e.g. the highs will smooth out a bit, become less strident, bass fills out a touch), but if you do not like the sound of your new cable, no amount of burn in will make it good.  If it's bad, its a system mismatch (or bad cable).  Same goes for all components IMO.