Bass sensation like a loud car system in home?

I know this is a bit of a silly question but bear with me here:

What options are there for getting that feeling of a powerful subwoofer vibrating through your body in your home?  I know the easiest option would be to just put a capable subwoofer next to your seating and let it hit as hard as it can.  I'm also not trying to make all of my neighbors hate me so I'm looking for some creative solutions to pulling it off at reasonable residential volumes.

I'm thinking that some combination of tactile transducers in the couch and a subwoofer next to or also installed inside of the couch would get pretty close.  Being right under your body I wonder what kind of decibels would actually be required to get a bass massage going.  Without the sensation of the high volume bass it also might just seem silly and be a complete waste of time aside from watching movies.

Thoughts?
yukispier
I suspect that a pair of Tekton 4-10 subs would give you what you're looking for. Can't say for sure because I've never turned the volume up that far on mine & am not willing to take one for the team here.

If not... just add another pair of them.

You're welcome 
Yukispier, is this desire for bass response on steroids related to a home theater application (e.g. action movies; etc.)? In an apartment or condominium setting, even at low volumes, bass like that is still likely to annoy your neighbors. Even a deaf neighbor will feel it. As a few folks have mentioned in this thread, headphones or a single family home with lots of elbow space between you and your neighbors would be the way to go. Depending upon how loudly and how often you like to listen to this kind of stuff, you might want to get a head start on developing a relationship with a good audiologist.  
millercarbon
One-note loud car system or audiophile quality loud car system?

It does seem incompatible. Having said that, what about setting the subwoofer 18 dB louder than it needs to be. That might just about do it.