Best DAC $1000 and under used

What is the best dac you have used that would sell for under$1000 used?What dacs have you listened to that you are using for comparison?
gixerman
Good suggestions by Eldarado.

I've owned the Ack! 2.0, Bel Canto 1.1, Kora Hermes I and Audio Mirror D1. They're all good, but interestingly in their own way.

The choice really comes down to what sonic character you're looking for and how that DAC fits with your system in determining pound-for-pound best.
IMO you will get more mileage out of non-os DACs in your price range. The Audio Mirror, lower end Audio Note, Audio Sector, and Scott Nixon come to mind. Most of these will be available new in your price range with money left over for a nice digital cable.
My recommends:
* looking for analog or tube type sound in a bright system where your CD playback needs some warmth and body? The Ack! dAck! can't be beat.
* looking for detailed and neutral sound in an already warm or full bodied system? The Benchmark DAC is the way to go (and it is an excellent headphone amp, and even can be a preamp to boot!)
Enjoy!
James
Hi every one,I thank each of you that has taken the time to reply.To be more specific,I am looking for a dac that sells used for $1000 and under.If you know of any contenders that are far better, that go for as much as $1200-$1500 used price,I would be interested in hearing what you think.I do apologize if I have not been specific enough. Thanks,Gixerman