LYRA DELOS CARTRIDGE TOO BRIGHT, THIN AND SHRILL SOUNDING

Have had a Lyra Delos Cartridge for the last month and have any of you goners noticed a elevated treble, shrill thin bright sound from this Cartridge? I wish I had my HANA ML back. This Lyra sounds horrible!!!
jeffvegas
what lewn said. totally agree.

if the proper understanding of all parameters is done correctly there is no reason to be tweaky

there are 2 kinds of people I know . set correctly and done within the hour. or keep tweaking for months and months and years. guess which one sounds better? and why. 
For reference I just learned something about my Delos the other night-
A new recording was sounding especially bad- edgy and not fun to listen to.
I experimented with everything.  
I made a nice improvement by lowering the gain on my phono preamp for the Delos to 52db down from 58db.
58db is just a touch too much for the .6mv Delos.
52 db is usually too little gain for a .6mv cartridge but it sounds fantastic, much better.  Did not lose any dynamics either which was a surprise.    

So it appears that the Delos likes gain on the low side for its output. 
Try it if you haven't already.  
Finally nailed the Delos after months of tuning.
learned previously- 
*likes lower gain than usual
*alignment is critical
*level the top of the headshell, tonearm level is not relevant.  

today i finally tried a low capacitance phono cable (50pf per meter). 
this allowed me to set the loading at 475 ohms, per the manual cable capacitance and loading are very much related.  
my previous cable was 110 pf which liked 200 ohms loading.  
the cartridge sounds better, its best actually, with 50pf cables and 475 ohm loading.  sound is cleaner, no trace of ringing, more neutral and natural.  
a very complicated cartridge that may not sound good with typical MC cartridge settings.  
I have been using Lyra Delos and Kleos over the last decade to my entire satisfaction. They were my favourite cartridges. 1 year ago I bought a new turntable / tonearm combination. Unfortunately I could not get the Kleos to perform in the new setup, it sounded flat and thin. In my opinion the Lyras are outstanding cartridges in the right setup and when tuned in carefully. They will extract everything from good recordimgs and comp,ex orchesteas. With lesser recordings I find warmer sounding cartidges more pleasant. Highly recommended in the right setup.

I changed to a Benz Micro Gullwing which is easier to setup and has a bit more flesh on the bone.