Quality Motown Recordings

60s Motown music is sooo good but the CD recordings that I have are sooo bad (the kinda sound like a transistor radio).  Are there any good quality Motown recordings to be had?   Admittedly, I have not heard any motown vinyl that I can recall; is vintage motown vinyl worth finding?   
wgh64
Abbey Roads Records put out a half Speed recording of  What's Goin On by Marvin Gaye that sounds damn good. 

Etta James "At Last" That one was re-issued on CD many times, but original stereo record on Argo will be in high 3-digit buck for clean copy.
2014 Japanese CD re-issue is also very high buck now.
80's re-issues on Chess and MCA are okay, but still worth purchasing due to the music quality.

YES, totally worth searching.

There is an ocean of amazing LPs’
i hit the local and town over used shops, in the cheapo,bins, you will be surprised at the great music for inexpensive prices in those,bins, many I find look unused, jackets may have some wear, the vinyls’,...many look unplayed. !

I hit goodwill 2X/month min for used LP’s and CDs. Some terrific finds!
But,...lots of garbage also.

I did find the partridge family box, which sells for quite a lot of money there, records all NM, jackets all,ok, outer box is a,mess, but still offered a lot for it. Picked up mine for 7$ years back, I freaked at Discogs, at the prices for this box set.
Not a fan of their music, but the value of it shocked me.

Found 4 Elvis lp’s , new and sealed, they remain sealed to this day.
CD player for 5$, speaker pair for 30$- oldmAdvent paor,mstill,sound great!

Hit goodwill if close, many good finds to be had!

enjoy the hunt!

There are plenty of great soul records on other labels too. Some reissues from Otis Redding, Aretha, Curtis Mayfield are among the most beloved if you don't want to wait to find originals in great condition. Cheers,
Spencer
Dang right, coltrane1. They butchered those CD transfers. Hope the OP can find at least one original pressing. The difference will amaze you.