Amp keeps shutting off

I have the Schiit Vidar powering two 98db 1w/1m speakers. This thing will turn into fault mode so quick once turned up. Only using 4-10 watts per channel, it will turn off after 20min with a box fan blowing on it. I took the cover of the amp off, which I didn't want to do, and that didn't help at all (again with a box fan blowing on it). Once using anything above the 30 watt per channel range, the thing will last 1 minute before shutting off (although that 1 minute sounds really good). The amp is rated for 100w RMS per channel into 8 ohms. I'm not expecting it to actually sustain that rated power, but come on. Why isn't it at least sustaining 20 or 30 or even 10? Am I doing something wrong? Or am I out of luck?
oedstrom11
Double check the speaker wiring/connections. If good, try the Vidar on another known good speaker in an attempt to replicate the fault.
I have read the Schiit Vidars have had some quality issues.  Or perhaps it was their Aegir models.  One of them supposedly had a lot of malfunctions.

oedstrom11
This thing will turn into fault mode so quick once turned up.

Sounds like the bias has drifted, and the thermal cutout is activating. Send it back for service with your explanation details of it reaching cutout stage.

Cheers George