focal 1038be or sopra 2

TRYING TO DECIDE ON THE FOCAL 1038 BE OR THE SOPRA 2  ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS
givin2u
The Sopra best the 1038 be on every level ,especially low level detail and pitch 
no contest and borrow a lot from their flagship line 
the only thing bad is Focal is getting greedy the Sopra 2 has gone up 
from $15k to$19 k in 5 years for no changes ,thst USA rip off I can see maybe $1 k notover a $25% increase pure greed !!
Old thread…. But yes the price hike is ridiculous! I was thinking about buying the Sopra 2 when it came out as I really like the house sound (neutral with some bedazzle) but I have totally moved on and don’t even look at the brand now. 
I have found the revel line just as good and almost 1/2 the price. The 228be and 328be  should be a price check for all these manufactures. The higher sensitivity has really made these revels more dynamic than the past models to my ear. 
I had the Revel F208 and M106 for a few years before I sold them. I wouldn’t say just as good.  They are very good sounding speakers for the money.  Now I have the Focal 1008BE, 1028BE and 1038BE.  The Focals are just in another league. 
I can respect the opinion. I think it just comes down to taste as the two brands are tuned a little different. The be tweeter really classes up the revels and the ceramic drivers are much different too.
No long term experience with either just demoed both and I would be happy with either. Both are light in the dee bass for me and I would add subs. 

I have 1038be, bought at the new price 8 years ago. At the time they smoked everything else in the range for balance (fat/thin), and high end clarity - the inverted be domes are great. I have owned 3 other Focal speakers, including their 2-way studio monitors which I mixed a hundred records on. So, I believe Focal engineering is high quality. I also own devialet amps, and their SAM compensation for the 1038 does indeed give it an additional octave of very smooth low end. The finishes on the 1038 look good too ... not a plastic kind of look.