Floorstanders vs Monitors and bass response

I currently have monitor speakers with relatively close proximity to the rear wall (2ft), I run these speakers with a sub and an active crossover which sends everything 80hz and lower to the sub.

I am considering upgrading to floorstanders, and want to continue using my sub with the crossover. Will the bass response be the same? Or will there be more bass (overpowering?) with the new setup?
nemesis1218
Generally lowering the cross-over point of the sub is advantageous in a few different ways. Usually the only disadvantage of a floor-stander is that the cost of building a a larger box with the same integrity of a smaller box, and the added cost of shipping that larger box makes the cost of that larger box go up exponentially. Since you don't seem to be overloading the room with the sub, going with a high quality floor stander in place of a mini-monitor would usually be an improvement.
There are also good reasons to keep a higher x-over point, regardless of the main speakers' low end extension. First among these reasons is that properly placed subs (i.e. near the room boundaries) will (with very, very few exceptions) produce much smoother in-room bass response than main speakers (which are usually optimally placed away from room boundaries). In the rooms that I've measured, this will be usually true to up above 150hz, and has always been true to a minimum of 70hz to 80hz, regardless of passive room treatments, which have never been effective -IME- below this range.

One caveat: If you EQ your subs, the analysis changes a fair bit.

IME, you'll probably do better leaving the x-over point at 80hz than lowering it - and the bottom 2 octaves should sound pretty similar to what you're getting now. However, if your system allows, lowering the crossover point for a trial comparison test certainly can't hurt.

Marty
If you have a crossover as I understand it you are taking the base away from the main, hence the base will be the same other than it may change a little because you are changing the room. The mains are not receiving base so therefor changing the mains you are only changing the 80 hz or above sound.