klipshorn speakers

awile back i posted that my son is looking for a speaker that will shake his room.he is buying a klipshorn. is this a good choice??
128x128g_nakamoto
Heard a lot of people’s Klipschorns, in a lot of different rooms, even in 4 corners and even stacked, and been impressed maybe twice. It’s one of those speakers that posers buy for the name and don’t dial them in well. Shouty and piercing more times than not IMO. 
I owned them for years and really enjoyed them with all genres of music. They can be played very loud, but that's not their finest virtue. If you have the space and a good system preceding them, there will be beautiful music. Maybe not the most accurate, but beautiful.
The Klipschorn hasn't been a speaker of so much talk for 60 years for no reason. There's something interesting, some say magical, there. It's an iconic audio piece and looks beautiful in the right room. 

If he wants loud chest thumping sound with no perceivable limit, then yes go for it. They do great in the kickdrum frequency area.  If he wants bone rattling bass then add a sub.. However, when I crack mine up with bassy tracks like "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" I swear they go deeper than they're given credit for.  Wow.  

Either way, they're meant for jazzy acoustic music which is where their flavor meets the mood IMO.

Btw, I run them on Mcintosh and PS Audio M700 class D amps.. Both sound supurb and get really loud with zero distortion.  It's a party setup for sure.

300 watts, oh mercy. Get a good insurance policy. That boy is gonna scramble the NEIGHBORS brains..

30 watt for Corners or KHs, heck even La Scala. NO SS at least on the older original Klipsch stuff.

The Mac has one good thing tone control. I don’t know maybe it won’t slice to the bone but SS and the old horns, I’m runnin’ the other way..

Maybe the way a Pass or First Watt is voiced, maybe..

Definite ear plugs AND muffs for me though.... :-)

The BASS thing. Oh he needs 4 new 21" 90 db E subs from Dayton.. 10 cf boxes aught to work. LOL lift the house off the foundation.. A pair of NU12K Behringer aught to do it.. 20,000 watts or so.. You know a little BASS reinforcement.

Regards
Shrill, searing, pain,  shrinking penis,  Olaf grating, 
never liked them!!