Are the Paradigm Founder Series really, really good speakers?

I'm considering them as a replacement for my beloved Phase Technology PC 3.5's. I'm looking at the 80f or the 100f. 

I've listened to them but can't help but think that they sound really good but do they really sound good or just different than what I'm used to even though I'm very happy with them but feel like I want something new/different. 
todd1010
I only heard the stand mount model and I thought it was pretty bad honesty. Not the best room but on electronics costing well over $15,000.
The highs seemed wrong (unnatural) to me and the bass was pretty meh for me. I would honestly take a pair of Klipsch RP6000m over them and I am not a klipsch fan. I disliked them enough I don’t remember the details. Five minutes later I heard the B&W 805d3 on a Mac 275 and it was on another level entirely so to me the founders are not giant killers, just another speaker option.
The powered models could be interesting but the passive models would be a total pass for me without a very long demo. First impressions are often right.
The Revel Performa3 F208 is probably a much better speaker than the 100F. You can get a 60 day return from a few places online with them too (crutchfield etc). As always use your own ears.
Reading between the lines I don’t think Steve liked them that well either. https://youtu.be/QayNKbwlCEg

The bookshelf speakers are meant to be surrounds or used in stereo with subs.  They have very little bass extension which is disappointing.  If used in those two scenarios, they're great.  Basing your opinions off that unusual bookshelf is quite unwise.

The 80F and 120H are the stars of the line as far as stereo listening goes.  The 120H are just unreal.  I feel bad for anyone who would very foolishly dismiss them for any reason including hearing just the 40b.
My point is their $2000 dollar stand mount could not outperform a $600 stand mount. They were not good at any price and no way a giant killer the marketing would lead you to believe.

They had JL subs running with them.

Revel, focal, Kef, B&w, all make stand mounts that have the same house sound as their floor standers in the mids and highs. What would make one think the 40b is any different?
If you only heard the stand mounts which I have the floor standing ones produce some nice low end. I'm actually quite surprised how much bass these things made compared to some other speakers in this price range.