Speaker placement

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of Bob Robbins speaker placement system and tried it or actually hired Bob himself. I have a difficult room and instead of fumbling around trying different speaker positions with inexperienced listening skills would I be better off hiring Bob? I would also be open to suggestions on speaker placement from everyone here as well. Thanks! 
ronboco
Zero dollars to educate yourself or you pay Bob for a setup Bob likes.  Easy choice for me.
Just looks a room with high ceilings.

Those Focals need to be out in the room to breath and sound their best.
http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_calculators.php
Just something to try and it's FREE. It's not a fix for all setups.

Based on this they should be around 8 feet from the back wall 4-5 feet from the sides. Position your seat starting with an equilateral triangle and adjust to taste.

Trust your ears. 
@rhljazz 

Good point! 
@tablejockey 

i will definitely check out the link. Also it’s the big difference in the side walls that will seem to be the biggest issue. Thanks for the help. 
It looks like your room would work fine for home theater.
For 2 channel as has been stated the Focal's should be brought out into the room about a 1/3 of the way, sit about a 1/3 of the way back and with the other 1/3 behind you. Then experiment with the distance from the side walls, min of 3 feet from side wall. You want to move them inside until the center image is where you like it.

These are just starting points but adjust from there.

ozzy